You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read receipt

I keep getting messages from a person that has me blocked. Do they receive read receipts once I’ve read them?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:22 PM

andyleslie Said:

"Read receipt: I keep getting messages from a person that has me blocked. Do they receive read receipts once I’ve read them?"

-------

"Blocked" Messages:

A. No. No one going to get a message from someone saying that been blocked from them. So, if you do not want to get message from them, then block them yourself.

C. About this Message:

So, do you know who this person is? If not, it is a scam, and you should ignore the message, and report it to Apple and the federal government. Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:22 PM in response to andyleslie

andyleslie Said:

"Read receipt: I keep getting messages from a person that has me blocked. Do they receive read receipts once I’ve read them?"

-------

"Blocked" Messages:

A. No. No one going to get a message from someone saying that been blocked from them. So, if you do not want to get message from them, then block them yourself.

C. About this Message:

So, do you know who this person is? If not, it is a scam, and you should ignore the message, and report it to Apple and the federal government. Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support:

Read receipt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.