You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my wired earphones permanently broken?

Ok so basically, my wired Apple earphones were working fine up until about a month ago. When plugged into my Samsung phone, they would cause the Google Assistant to randomly start constantly, and they would also cause my music to pause randomly as well. I didn't know if it was the phone or the earphones but now I am positive its the earphones, as I have been using them on my MacBook, and they have been causing Siri to randomly open, causing the video I am watching to randomly pause/unpause, and causing Apple Music to randomly open. This is really annoying but I don't want to buy new earphones, is there a way to fix this? The earphones have no visible damage on them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:04 PM

Nope.

Buy new ones.

2 replies

Are my wired earphones permanently broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.