You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a temporary focus?

How do I set a temporary focus (formerly Do Not Disturb) on my iPhone after the last couple of IOS updates? Do Not Disturb worked fine before - just open, set the button to "ON", and could go about my business. I would use when in a theater or at group lunches, etc. Also used when I had some serious time needed to concentrate on a task. No longer. The Focus demands I set a schedule??? I am retired. I already had the sleep time set for Do Not Disturb, and I don't need to "schedule" anything. I just want to have the ability to turn Focus on/off when needed.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:36 PM

Some options that work well for me. Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap ... beside Do Not Disturb, tap "Until I leave this location" (good for theater, group lunches, etc), or "For 1 hour" or "Until this evening."

Or if you just want to turn it off and on manually, Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap Do Not Disturb.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 1:36 PM in response to CyberGramma

Some options that work well for me. Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap ... beside Do Not Disturb, tap "Until I leave this location" (good for theater, group lunches, etc), or "For 1 hour" or "Until this evening."

Or if you just want to turn it off and on manually, Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap Do Not Disturb.

How do I set a temporary focus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.