You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad setup

I am trying to setup my new ipad pro with an icloud iphone back up. I get to the ipad os16.2 page and teh upgrade never begins to load. I can not continue setup

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting up your new iPad Pro. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your iPad is connected to a stable internet connection. If you're using a Wi-Fi network, try switching to a different network or connecting to a different Wi-Fi source.
  2. Try restarting your iPad and attempting the setup process again. To restart your iPad, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide the slider to turn off your iPad, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. If you're still having trouble, you may want to try downloading the latest version of iPadOS onto your computer and installing it on your iPad using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, and click the "Check for Update" button. If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install it.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:07 PM in response to mer36

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting up your new iPad Pro. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your iPad is connected to a stable internet connection. If you're using a Wi-Fi network, try switching to a different network or connecting to a different Wi-Fi source.
  2. Try restarting your iPad and attempting the setup process again. To restart your iPad, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide the slider to turn off your iPad, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. If you're still having trouble, you may want to try downloading the latest version of iPadOS onto your computer and installing it on your iPad using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, and click the "Check for Update" button. If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install it.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

ipad setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.