You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use the Apple Music app on my iPhone to play and switch songs on my Google home speakers like Spotify and other streaming apps do?

I have Google Home Speakers all over my house and used several streaming services and their apps like Spotify. All apps recognize individual speakers and speaker groups. I already connected Apple Music with Google and I am able to hear music by Google assistant command but not through my iPhone app. I am considering Apple One Family for $33 a month, but it is important to me to be able to choose my music in the app on my phone like every other app. It seems from YouTube videos that this works on Apple Music app for android, but I can’t get me speakers to show on my iPhone app. Please help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 9:01 AM

Hi Ben_Z1,

thank you for trying to support but the instructions don’t help. I know how to use AirPlay and Bluetooth, but the problem is that the Google Speakers that I have all over my house don’t show as options in the iOS app.

I tried yesterday again on a Android device with the Apple Music app installed and everything works. Switching to my iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad or IPad Pro and the Apple Music app does not show the speakers.

In Spotify in IOS on my devices I can see all my Google Speakers in their Share/Cast/Airplay button, why does it not work in Apple Music?

I see hunderds of users in different forums reporting the same issue and switching away from Apple Music.

I am really interested to subscribe to Apple One, but Apple Music is not really working like this and paying for Spotify and Apple One does not make sense. This seems to be a show stopper for a lot of users to deeper commit to the Apple eco system, but there must be some trick to it, because as said it works on Spotify for IOS and Apple Music for Android, I only can’t make it work for Apple Music on IOS, it doesn’t make sense.

I hope that clarifies it, and again still thank you so much for your effort in support, but it does not solve the issue that I am having.

Thanks and Happy new year!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi Ben_Z1,

thank you for trying to support but the instructions don’t help. I know how to use AirPlay and Bluetooth, but the problem is that the Google Speakers that I have all over my house don’t show as options in the iOS app.

I tried yesterday again on a Android device with the Apple Music app installed and everything works. Switching to my iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad or IPad Pro and the Apple Music app does not show the speakers.

In Spotify in IOS on my devices I can see all my Google Speakers in their Share/Cast/Airplay button, why does it not work in Apple Music?

I see hunderds of users in different forums reporting the same issue and switching away from Apple Music.

I am really interested to subscribe to Apple One, but Apple Music is not really working like this and paying for Spotify and Apple One does not make sense. This seems to be a show stopper for a lot of users to deeper commit to the Apple eco system, but there must be some trick to it, because as said it works on Spotify for IOS and Apple Music for Android, I only can’t make it work for Apple Music on IOS, it doesn’t make sense.

I hope that clarifies it, and again still thank you so much for your effort in support, but it does not solve the issue that I am having.

Thanks and Happy new year!

Dec 31, 2022 2:38 PM in response to 7Andre

Hi there 7Andre,

If you've set up Apple Music on your Google Nest device in the Google Home app, you should be able to control the music you listen to in the Music app using these steps from Play audio from iPhone on HomePod and other wireless speakers:

Play audio from iPhone on a wireless device
1. On your iPhone, open an audio app, such as Podcasts  or Music , then choose an item to play.
2. Tap the Playback Destination button, then choose a playback destination.
The playback controls for a podcast, including the Playback Destination button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If your AirPlay 2-enabled devices don’t appear in the list of playback destinations, make sure they’re on the same Wi-Fi network. With a Bluetooth device, the playback destination returns to iPhone if you move the device out of Bluetooth range.
To select the playback destination, you can also tap the Playback Destination button on the Lock Screen or in Control Center.

Note: For information about setting up a Bluetooth audio device, see Pair a Bluetooth headphone, car kit, game controller, or other device.

If you do not see your Google Nest speakers in the list of playback destinations, visit Google's support website next as they would be the best equipped to look into this more.

Cheers!

How can I use the Apple Music app on my iPhone to play and switch songs on my Google home speakers like Spotify and other streaming apps do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.