You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a used 4th generation ipod that only has IOS 6. Can I download an upgrade somehow to at least IOS 9?>

I bought a used 4th generation ipod that only has IOS 6. Can I download an upgrade somehow to at least IOS 9?>

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:28 AM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2022 9:31 AM in response to nookie1123

If you go into setting>General>Software Update> there should be an option. If there is other updates see if you can just skip those and go straight to iOS 9. I tried skipping from iOS 14 to 16 on my iPhone 11 but the update kept freezing so if you have that issue try doing the other updates. It may take a while and make sure you have a backup if there are any songs on there you want to keep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.