You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tv.Apple.com pop up window does not allow data entry

I have a mid 2011iMac that I want to use to stream movies and TV programmes from Apple TV plus. It has a big beautiful screen that I am loathed to discard.

However, it cannot run Catalina OS - it is stuck on High Sierra OS - and so the Apple TV app is not downloadable. It has no HDMI input ports so connecting an Apple TV device is not an option.

Other threads suggest I should just log onto tv.Apple.com and watch movies from there (I have a subscription). However the pop up box asking me to Sign in with your Apple ID’ has the Apple ID field greyed out and sat behind the black text. I therefore can’t even identify myself let alone enter a password.

Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:06 PM

Hi alastairfrompenarth,

We'd love to see if we can help get the issue resolved for you. Have you already tried clearing your cache and browsing history, and reopening your web browser? If not, we recommend trying that first. If there issue is unresolved, let's go ahead and try a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, then just follow the steps below.

"How to watch in a web browser

1. Go to tv.apple.com to subscribe to and watch Apple TV+ in a web browser.
  2. If you already have an Apple ID, you can sign in to start your free trial. You may be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web. For more information, see the Apple Support article Parental controls for Apple TV+ on the web.

Note: If you experience difficulties with auto-play functionality while watching Apple TV+ in a web browser, try turning off any ad blocker extensions or apps you’ve installed."

Reference: Watch in a web browser

We hope that takes care if the issue for you!

Cheers

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2022 1:06 PM in response to alastairfrompenarth

Hi alastairfrompenarth,

We'd love to see if we can help get the issue resolved for you. Have you already tried clearing your cache and browsing history, and reopening your web browser? If not, we recommend trying that first. If there issue is unresolved, let's go ahead and try a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, then just follow the steps below.

"How to watch in a web browser

1. Go to tv.apple.com to subscribe to and watch Apple TV+ in a web browser.
  2. If you already have an Apple ID, you can sign in to start your free trial. You may be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web. For more information, see the Apple Support article Parental controls for Apple TV+ on the web.

Note: If you experience difficulties with auto-play functionality while watching Apple TV+ in a web browser, try turning off any ad blocker extensions or apps you’ve installed."

Reference: Watch in a web browser

We hope that takes care if the issue for you!

Cheers

Dec 28, 2022 3:20 PM in response to Michele_4_411

Thank you Michele_4_411

I cleared the cache in Safari and rebooted but no change.

I then tried Firefox but it did not allow me to navigate the screen.

I then downloaded Opera, navigated to tv.Apple.com and logged into Apple TV with my existing ID and subscription.

I am now watching movies!

many thanks indeed

It just seems very odd to me that I cannot use safari.

Tv.Apple.com pop up window does not allow data entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.