You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family’s sharing - how to move from one family to another without losing data’s ?

Hello everyone 

I have an iPhone X running 14.3 and I am part of a family (family sharing). 

I use the iCloud feature and I synchronized messages, photos, notes, etc.  

For the photos, I configured to store low resolution photo locally and best resolution in iCloud to save my storage. 

Now I want to move to another family but of course I don’t want to lose any data’s (so I want to keep my high res photos, my messages, etc...)

Do you know how can I proceed ? It seems to be a little bit tricky. 

Thank you

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:38 AM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2022 12:03 AM in response to muguy

I called Apple Assistance and they explained to me that I need to update because there is a feature starting ios15 that will let me access the datas during one month to then let me download it on the phone and reupload it again on the new family.

he told me also that for some information like Messages; I will not be able to upload them again on the phone before transferring them again in the new iCloud storage associated to the family.

Your answer is logical but it’s just that it’s not what they told me

family’s sharing - how to move from one family to another without losing data’s ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.