You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adapter to connect my apple thunderbolt display 27-inch to my new MacBook Pro?

Is there an adaptor for the apple thunderbolt display 27-inch to connect to my new MacBook pro? If so, what's it called? And can you all also recommend a compatible hub.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:10 AM

The article you were reading when you started, which is linked to your post on the forums, describes the exact item you need to connect a genuine Thunderbolt-2 display like the Apple Thunderbolt Display to a Mac with ThunderBolt-3 or -4 ports.

Make certain you do indeed have the Thunderbolt Display -- the extremely similar Apple Cinema Display can be differentiated by its lead in cord including a USB-A input. The Apple Cinema display is a Mini DisplayPort display, and DOES NOT WORK with the ThunderBolt-3 <-> ThunderBolt-2 adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 9:10 AM in response to GreenWitch16

The article you were reading when you started, which is linked to your post on the forums, describes the exact item you need to connect a genuine Thunderbolt-2 display like the Apple Thunderbolt Display to a Mac with ThunderBolt-3 or -4 ports.

Make certain you do indeed have the Thunderbolt Display -- the extremely similar Apple Cinema Display can be differentiated by its lead in cord including a USB-A input. The Apple Cinema display is a Mini DisplayPort display, and DOES NOT WORK with the ThunderBolt-3 <-> ThunderBolt-2 adapter.

Adapter to connect my apple thunderbolt display 27-inch to my new MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.