You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard trackpad does not work with Youtube website. The youtube sliders does not work when I used the trackpad to try to click on it. Everything works fine when I use the touch screen to adjust the slider.

I just bought a new IPad Pro M2 with the Magic Keyboard. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the fact that the slider of the YouTube website would not work on Safari when I use the Magic Keyboard cursor. If I use the touch screen to move the slider, then it works just fine. The same thing happen when I try the youtube website on Google Chrome. It seems like the trackpad was trying to highlight the element on the YouTube website instead of clicking on the cursor. I attached a screen record of the problem. 

I would appreciate any help, if somebody has already resolved this problem. 

Thank you

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Cell mmW

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 3:53 PM

Hi duyongkhuong,

If everything is working on your Magic Keyboard except when you go to the YouTube website, and this website behaves the same way with multiple browsers, as it is isolated to this website, ultimately you may need to contact them directly. However, hear are some troubleshooting steps and workarounds you can try:

1. Turn on Full Keyboard Access in Settings  > Accessibility > Keyboards as seen in Adjust the onscreen and external keyboard settings on iPad
    1. Make sure your browsers are up to date
    2. How to manually update apps on your Apple device
  2. Safari updates with the iPadOS. To update Safari, update the iPad Update your iPhone or iPad
  3. Consider seeing if there is an app you can download from the developer. Learn more about the App Store.

If none of these steps work for you, contact the developer How to contact an app developer.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2022 3:53 PM in response to duyongkhuong

Hi duyongkhuong,

If everything is working on your Magic Keyboard except when you go to the YouTube website, and this website behaves the same way with multiple browsers, as it is isolated to this website, ultimately you may need to contact them directly. However, hear are some troubleshooting steps and workarounds you can try:

1. Turn on Full Keyboard Access in Settings  > Accessibility > Keyboards as seen in Adjust the onscreen and external keyboard settings on iPad
    1. Make sure your browsers are up to date
    2. How to manually update apps on your Apple device
  2. Safari updates with the iPadOS. To update Safari, update the iPad Update your iPhone or iPad
  3. Consider seeing if there is an app you can download from the developer. Learn more about the App Store.

If none of these steps work for you, contact the developer How to contact an app developer.

Take care.

Magic Keyboard trackpad does not work with Youtube website. The youtube sliders does not work when I used the trackpad to try to click on it. Everything works fine when I use the touch screen to adjust the slider.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.