You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sign out of Apple ID account on iPhone

I think my phone was hacked. I changed my Apple ID on a different device but my phone won’t let me sign out of my account

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:20 AM

7 replies

Nov 29, 2022 1:28 PM in response to Bob Timmons

you’re correct. I changed my apple password, not my Apple ID, using my iPad. I was following instructions from the internet about what to do when your iPhone was hacked. It seemed like good advice at the time. The fact that I couldn’t log out or shut down my phone was freaking me out, but I finally found a way. I still have idea what caused the problems, but it’s over. As you can tell, I’m not very smart with my smart devices.

I will double check that all ids and password match. Thanks for calming me down with your explanation about hacking

Nov 29, 2022 7:03 AM in response to wfw123

Your phone cannot be hacked unless you physically give it to someone with enormous technical capabilities for a few hours and also provide them with your Apple ID and Password.

Nothing that you have told us would indicate that your phone has been hacked.

If it’s relevant, my wife’s phone was stolen yesterday

That is unfortunate, but would not be relevant to your phone unless your wife's phone was using the same Apple ID and Password as your phone......AND.....the wife's phone was not using a passcode, which would allow anyone who picked up the phone to access all the data on the phone.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2022 7:20 AM in response to wfw123

I still do not know why you changed your Apple ID on another device. If you suspect that your Apple ID has been compromised, you would change the password for the Apple ID, not change the Apple ID. In effect, you now have two Apple IDs, which is bound to mess things up.

Refer to the instructions in this thread to see if they will help. If you are still having problems, you need to get with Apple Support directly.

Can't sign out of Apple ID on iPhone - Apple Community

Official Apple Support

Nov 29, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Bob Timmons

ive Been getting pop up’s telling me phone doesn’t recognize a server and asking me to cancel or show details. I don’t understand the details but a few I’ve opened say their location is Manchester England. Many apps open to mostly blank pages. The privacy and security tab won’t open - spinning icon. My phone won’t turn off.

if it’s relevant, my wife’s phone was stolen yesterday and I first noticed my problems on waking this morning

thanks

Unable to sign out of Apple ID account on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.