You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie wont work ater the Ventura update

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using a Mac. Mac is updated. I restarted. I deleted and reinstalled iMovie. My library isn't too full. I don't know what else to do or how long it's going to take before iMovie has an update.

It's the only video editing software I use 😭 Any help or feedback is appreciated.

iMac

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 7:25 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2022 9:58 AM in response to AStallsworth

Hi,

Can you explain in more detail what you mean when you say that "iMovie won't work"? Is it not opening? Or is it opening and won't function? Are your projects gone? Are you getting any error message and, if so, what is the exact text of it? Do you have sufficient space on your internal drive for iMovie to funtion? Click on Apple Logo/About This Mac/Storage and see how much free space you have. You would want at least 10GB of free space.

Try opening iMovie in a new library by holding down the Option key as you open iMovie.

Try also booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, shut down and reboot in normal mode. See if that cures it. Here's a link with instructions:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

-- Rich

iMovie wont work ater the Ventura update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.