You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock device to switch carriers

I need to unlock my device… I have been going through hoops to get an answer to this. In November 2021 I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile. Within several months with the service i began to have problems with my phone ( freezing screen). I call T-Mobile they tell me to take it to apple since it’s under their warranty. I make an appointment at the Apple Store and they complete a new order for a new iPhone since the one from T-Mobile was indeed defective. Well fast forward a year. I do not like the service I get from T-Mobile so I am switching carriers however my phone is locked and T-Mobile says apple has to unlock it. I have a eSIM which is different then a SIM card… needless to say this has been a very frustrating experience phone call after phone call to apple a T-Mobile and still can’t get anyone to unlock the phone… anyone have any suggestions. I can’t keep having problems with this phone/carrier per my contract at work which states I need a working reliable phone. Which this carrrier or phone have not been. I need to unlock the phone to be able to switch to a new carrier. Help!

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 12:30 AM

Carrier Lock:- Request your iPhone’s original Carrier to unlock your iPhone and if they agree and do it, then you may know the further process here --> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier ...

Device Unlocking Policies | Verizon Privacy Policy

Unlock a Phone or Device - AT&T Device Unlock Portal

Unlocking your Sprint device - T-Mobile

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 12:30 AM in response to Cbpopo

Carrier Lock:- Request your iPhone’s original Carrier to unlock your iPhone and if they agree and do it, then you may know the further process here --> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier ...

Device Unlocking Policies | Verizon Privacy Policy

Unlock a Phone or Device - AT&T Device Unlock Portal

Unlocking your Sprint device - T-Mobile

Unlock device to switch carriers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.