You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sender of Junk Email appears to be myself

I have received a handful of Junk emails that appear to be sent to me by myself. The sender has my own name in all caps. When I right-click on the sender it shows me the real sender but for some reason the Mail app is labelling the sender as myself. Any ideas why this happening and any suggestions how to fix this?

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 3:15 PM

Hey there henryfrombrea, 

It sounds like you are receiving a number of phishing emails, where the sender has set up the email to appear as if it has come from you. The guide below will help you properly identify, avoid, and report such scams.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams   

Have a good one!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 3:15 PM in response to henryfrombrea

Hey there henryfrombrea, 

It sounds like you are receiving a number of phishing emails, where the sender has set up the email to appear as if it has come from you. The guide below will help you properly identify, avoid, and report such scams.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams   

Have a good one!

Nov 25, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Chris_C1

Hi Chris_C1, thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to sound disrespectful but I realize that is some type of Phishing or Scam but what I am trying to figure out is "Why does iCloud think that the e-mail originated from myself?" Look at the header from my screenshot. It looks like iCloud thinks that I sent the e-mail but I clearly didn't send it. Even the Avatar has my initials "HL". I can't explain it.

Sender of Junk Email appears to be myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.