You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Outline Appears In Either Preview Or Left Column Of Apps

When I try to invoke Quick Look in Finder by selecting a file and pressing the space bar, I'm getting a blue outline around the Finder window.

The same thing happens when I try to rename a Font Book Collection. I'll double click in the collection to allow me to change its name, but when I press the spacebar no space is added. I get the same blue outline in the left column.

How do I turn this off?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:15 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Dechris_mode

Dechris_mode wrote:

When I try to invoke Quick Look in Finder by selecting a file and pressing the space bar, I'm getting a blue outline around the Finder window.

The same thing happens when I try to rename a Font Book Collection. I'll double click in the collection to allow me to change its name, but when I press the spacebar no space is added. I get the same blue outline in the left column.

How do I turn this off?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b5cb1181-5ebe-47ef-8526-d895e5b17d52

Sounds like a Accessibility feature got turned on...

>System Settings>Accessibility

try Keyboards, and see if Full Keyboard Access is enabled

Use the Accessibility Shortcuts panel on Mac - Apple Support

Get started with accessibility features on Mac - Apple Support

Blue Outline Appears In Either Preview Or Left Column Of Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.