You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to backup Apple Watch when iCloud backup is turned off for iPhone?

I restore my iPhone often, and every time I do, I have to unpair my Apple Watch. When I go to add my watch again, I'm never given the option to restore from backup; this means I lose all my watch faces, settings, configurations, and complications. How can i backup my Apple Watch data so I can restore from backup when I pair my watch? I do not backup my iPhone to iCloud and do not wish to enable this feature. Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:19 PM

Apple Support's article:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

says:

"Your Apple Watch data is backed up to the iPhone that it's paired with.*

This happens automatically as long as your iPhone and Apple Watch are near each other,

so you don't need to do anything to keep your watch backed up".

You can see what thew back-ups include / don't include in the above article.

So it seems if you back-up your iPhone to a computer, the back-up would likely include Watch too,

Eg: Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac or to iCloud – Apple Support

or

Back up iPhone – Apple Support (includes how to back up to PC)

All the best :-)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2022 1:19 PM in response to NextelMichaelG

Apple Support's article:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

says:

"Your Apple Watch data is backed up to the iPhone that it's paired with.*

This happens automatically as long as your iPhone and Apple Watch are near each other,

so you don't need to do anything to keep your watch backed up".

You can see what thew back-ups include / don't include in the above article.

So it seems if you back-up your iPhone to a computer, the back-up would likely include Watch too,

Eg: Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac or to iCloud – Apple Support

or

Back up iPhone – Apple Support (includes how to back up to PC)

All the best :-)

Nov 20, 2022 1:50 PM in response to NextelMichaelG

You're never given the option to restore your watch backup because you seen to have an aversion to using iCloud, which is where a watch backup would be included. It's certainly your choice, but not using the tools which would avoid you having to go through what you have to go through every time could be avoided with using iCloud.

You made the choice.

How to backup Apple Watch when iCloud backup is turned off for iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.