You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rewrap clip, different bitrate and size?

Hi, I was thinking rewrapping just put the media in other wrap, but since info in Quicktime shows different size and bit rate I'm confusing about this procedure.

I'm looking for a way to import Sony MP4 timecode in Final Cut, when I import it from the SD camera, FCPX "rewrap" it to .MOV so it includes the timecode (from the XML, I suppose) , but then, both original media in the SD and the new rewrapped clip are different in sizes and bit rate, I can't tell the difference visually, but I can't tell it either if I export the media again to a good quality H264, so I assume some data loss is happening in the process.

One though is the video track goes straight as it is but the audio tack change format?

I'm I wrong?

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:20 AM

There is no data loss. The framework is different which accounts for some difference in file size. The audio size will also increase in some situations depending on what the camera specifications are.

Similar questions

1 reply

Rewrap clip, different bitrate and size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.