You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier unlock

I'm from Bangladesh, I brought a second hand phone from a guy. But the phone is carrier locked. And I don't have any information about the carrier. I have some research and found that the phone is locked to US T-Mobile (Sprint). I contacted then as instructed in a apple support article but the said they can't do anything about this . They told me to contact the Apple service center. But in Bangladesh there's no official Apple service center and also I failed to contact them online. When I try to message them through Apple business in messages App it shows that "This service is not available in your region". The T-Mobile agent told me that Apple could help me in this case as they are the manufacturer. I am expecting some help from apple in this case. I hope they will help me in this case

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:12 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 8, 2022 10:20 AM in response to mahinulhaque

T Mobile (Sprint) gave you incorrect information, likely because they did not want to handle the issue.

Like it or not, T Mobile is the only entity that can unlock the SIM card on the phone. Apple cannot do this, so you should not expect any help from Apple for something that they cannot do, even if they wanted to.

Try to return the phone for a refund if possible. Otherwise, the phone is useless unless T Mobile unlocks it.

Please remember that it is extremely risky to buy a used phone from someone that you do not know.

Carrier unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.