You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone iMessage and FaceTime not getting activated for phone number(Vodafone India)

My iPhone iMessage and FaceTime are not getting activated through my mobile no(Carrier is Vodafone-India). I have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided like toggle on and off, network rest, date and time-auto, phone restart, apple id sign out and in, and have also waited for 24hours.

Has anybody else faced a similar issue and were able to resolve it? I have been going back and forth between apple and Vodafone support , but the issue is unresolved.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:17 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2022 8:54 AM in response to c_luc9

After going back and forth between Apple and Vi India, the issue was finally fixed by the senior advisors at Apple.

here are some observations that I made which are beyond the troubleshooting messages listed on Apple support website

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support (IN)

for Vi India-

ensure ISD calling is activated

have minimum balance of at least 10Rs on top of whatever plan you have selected, even though it includes free sms service

the iMessage activation process sends an sms to a UK no, and hence the account needs to have sufficient balance.

I had trouble inspite of following through all of this, but the advisors created a vpn profile on my phone which eventually fixed the problem

Nov 4, 2022 4:08 PM in response to shrucosshrucos

Hello shrucosshrucos,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about issues activating iessage and FaceTime with your carrier. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

It's important to note only certain carriers are authorized to provided these features. In India there are three carriers, Airtel, Reliance Jio, and Vi. Here's a resource that shows the supported carriers: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the Middle East and India - Apple Support

This is likely the reason you'e having so much trouble getting these features working.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Iphone iMessage and FaceTime not getting activated for phone number(Vodafone India)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.