You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

good evening,

i hope this service will help me to restore my phone. Yesterday I decided to sell my old iPhone 11 Pro, made ads on our local classifier Olx.KZ. I got several calls, and one of the potential buyer asked me to check her Apple ID, because as she wrote me, before she had problems with Apple ID. As soon as I loved in with her username and pathword she or he asked me to send money in return for correct pathword 😣 now my phone is blocked

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:41 AM

That is a scam. You got scammed. They made you log in to their Apple ID, and then changed the password.

You can, if you have other original purchase receipt from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller for the iPhone, take it to an Apple Store to get it unlocked. Only with the purchase receipt will Apple do this for you.

Never, ever log in to someone else's Apple ID on your devices for any reason.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2022 8:41 AM in response to AkmaralMuss

That is a scam. You got scammed. They made you log in to their Apple ID, and then changed the password.

You can, if you have other original purchase receipt from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller for the iPhone, take it to an Apple Store to get it unlocked. Only with the purchase receipt will Apple do this for you.

Never, ever log in to someone else's Apple ID on your devices for any reason.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.