You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my printer no longer connects to my mac

My HP printer driver will no longer install after installing macOS Monterey. My printer no longer connects to my Mac Mini. I've tried to reinstall several times but the printer installation quits before I can install it successfully. I'd like help fixing this problem.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 4:39 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 26, 2022 5:46 AM in response to psgodswill

Thank you for the information.

There is an (Aug 18, 2022) printer driver (5.1) for this model at the HP support site.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-m1200-multifunction-printer-series/3965847/model/3965848

(https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/ASU/HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.dmg).

Is this the driver that you have tested?

You may have to reset the printing system (link below) between tests.

If the above driver, for some reason, does not work, you could perhaps try the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update package download from Apple instead (despite the system requirements limitation). Look upon this as an experiment. This may or may not open/install/work. Look for something like one of the HP LaserJet Professional M1210nf MFP Series drivers listed in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

If there is a problem with USB, you may want to test an Ethernet network printer connection to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router instead.

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything. Software conflicts can never be ruled out.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

my printer no longer connects to my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.