You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Required In Order To Pair My Apple Watch

I recently purchased an Apple Watch Series 3. I am trying to pair it to my iPhone 13 Pro, however when I go to pair it, it says there is an update required for the Apple Watch, and that I must update it to continue pairing. I go to download the update and install it, yet every time it finishes downloading and goes to preparing to install, I get an invalid error saying I must connect the watch to internet (I have tried this multiple times, but keep getting the same results). However in order to connect the watch to internet I need to pair it to my phone which I can’t do until the update is complete.

Incase this information helps: I use to have an Apple Watch series 2 paired with my iPhone up until about 2 weeks ago and never had an issues.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 2:06 PM

It appears to be working now

Cancel the Watch update and update your iPhone to iOS 16.1 first. , then try it again.

On your iPhone look in settings- General - software update - install 16.1- this was released today

1 reply

Update Required In Order To Pair My Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.