You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring iPhone Pro Max 14 to iPhone 6s Plus backup.

I have a 6s Plus backed up to my PC and will be getting my new Pro Max 14 today and will be restoring that backup to the new phone.

This is the way I have always done my restore for new phones and it works great, but this time is different since obviously the 6s Plus has IOS 15.7 and the new one is IOS 16. Will this restore to the new phone work properly from the backup even though the IOS don’t match?

I have been told it will work. Does this restore transfer the IOS15.7 or will the new phone transfer data and keep the IOS 16?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 6:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 8:02 AM

An iOS device backup can be restored to a device running the same version of iOS, or later. Your new phone will remain on iOS 16.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Restoring iPhone Pro Max 14 to iPhone 6s Plus backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.