You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App still showing up and unable to delete it

So today I downloaded a game and played for some time but after finding it boring I deleted it but after deleting it the icon like up there was still showing up on Home Screen so after that I tap and hold on that the apps started shaking and I again click on delete option and it disappeared from Home Screen but when I saw it in App Store it was showing open button and when I clicked it nothing was happening and in setting as above screenshot it is visible but when I tried to delete it through setting >general>Storage> It was not showing up

i tried all but nothing worked

Is there any way to fix this without resetting the phone???

it is iPhone 7 on ios 15

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:03 AM

First disable the Screen Time Restrictions, if any.

Settings > Screen Time > Contenet And Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps > [Allow]

There are six possibilities

1. Delete an offloaded App
  2. Delete an App from the Home Screen
  3. Remove an App from the Home Screen - Will be placed in the App Library
  4. Delete an App from the App Library
  5. Delete an inbuilt App - Not feasible
  6. Delete an inbuilt App with one feature - You do not get any options either (e.g. Magnifier)

Watch the GIF

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2022 8:03 AM in response to GHASTLYKING

First disable the Screen Time Restrictions, if any.

Settings > Screen Time > Contenet And Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps > [Allow]

There are six possibilities

1. Delete an offloaded App
  2. Delete an App from the Home Screen
  3. Remove an App from the Home Screen - Will be placed in the App Library
  4. Delete an App from the App Library
  5. Delete an inbuilt App - Not feasible
  6. Delete an inbuilt App with one feature - You do not get any options either (e.g. Magnifier)

Watch the GIF

App still showing up and unable to delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.