You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting an email account on one iPad but keeping it on another

My wife uses my old iPad 10 for doing the NYTimes crossword puzzles (an account on all my iPads) which requires internet connection. I would like to take the email account off of this iPad, as well as Messages, without losing it from my new iPad, to maintain my privacy. Nothing to hide but I am not comfortable with the notices that come up on the old iPad, with part or all of the mail or message content on it for her to see, because I algue my privacy.

so my question is this: is it possible to remove the email account from my old iPad without losing it from my new iPad Pro and new iPad Mini. I want my privacy but I am afraid that if I remove it, I will lose it from my current new iPads.

Help!

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 3:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:34 PM

You can delete the email account from the old iPad. It will not affect your new one. Go to Settings>Mail>select the account in question and delete it.

For iMessage, sign out of iMessage in Settings. That will disable iMessage.

1 reply

Deleting an email account on one iPad but keeping it on another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.