You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore

I am trying to restore from itunes to my new iphone 14 pro max, request a password. I enter the passcode, the computer pasword but not work, how can complete the restore?????

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:52 PM

You have created an encrypted backup using iTunes. You must enter the backup’s password to continue.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 18, 2022 3:59 PM in response to sberman

Appreciate it but the thing is I don't and didn't have ''encrypt local backup'' enabled, the backup itself does not have a lock next to it, once I started this backup with the old phone it did not ask me or prompt me to input a password for this backup. Hence why I'm so confused as to what it is asking for, I typed my apple ID psswrd, typed my computer psswrd and even my old phones psswrd all incorrect.

I'm at a loss, it did not do this on my old mac with itunes, I did this one with a pc and itunes so now just wondering if it's an os thing.

Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.