You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power button lock delay iphone 13

Before updating iOS 16, there was no issue with delay in lock iPhone after updating iOS 16 I am observing some delay in locking the iPhone when I click the button after like one second it turn off the screen let me know if anyone can help me with this because the same issue has been faced by two of my friends also

thank you

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 8:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 7:00 AM

Hi lekhandas,

The fact that your iPhone does lock is good. However, the delay may not be expected. We'd advise to contact Apple Support to let them know what is happening. They can take a further look into this behavior.

Apple Support

Or, you can call the number for your location on this page:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2022 7:00 AM in response to lekhandas

Hi lekhandas,

The fact that your iPhone does lock is good. However, the delay may not be expected. We'd advise to contact Apple Support to let them know what is happening. They can take a further look into this behavior.

Apple Support

Or, you can call the number for your location on this page:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care!

Oct 20, 2022 10:45 AM in response to lekhandas

Hello lekhandas,

The first thing we would suggest would be to power cycle the iPhone by following these steps found at Restart your iPhone:  

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

While simple, this can refresh the iOS, apps and connections.

Have a good day.

Power button lock delay iphone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.