You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync music burned from CDs to iPhone

I had a number of CDs that I burned into Music on my MacBook Pro. I have been unsuccessful in syncing that music to my iPhone. I called Apple support and was told that music I burned into Music could only "be enjoyed on my MacBook" UNLESS I used the paid Apple Music or iTunes match subscriptions. I already paid for the music, why should I pay you all anything to enjoy my legal purchases on all of my Apple devices?

What is the point of offering a sync function if Apple restricts what you can actually sync on your devices? Consumers pay Apple well and this is what you want to nickel and dime us over? Our own stuff? Your policy is your policy but I respectfully disagree.

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 9:03 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 17, 2022 1:23 PM in response to ed2345

When sync works, it skips over my CD-ripped songs but syncs music purchased through Apple. The entire library is selected in sync settings, iTunes is up to date, and my MacBook is up to date software wise.

Sync does get stuck regularly. Some of the time, a shutdown and restart works. When it doesn’t work, I receive an error message that says determining which tracks to sync. I’ve let it sync 12 hours overnight and it stays on that prompt.

Oct 18, 2022 5:35 PM in response to fxybrwn

fxybrwn wrote:

I've tried syncing several times but it gets stuck at "finding purchased items".

I not sure if this is what you mean but I have room on iCloud and on my phone. I'm using less than 25% on both.

Now it is getting stuck on the purchased items instead of the ripped items???

Sorry, but I am out of ideas.

Can't sync music burned from CDs to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.