You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Dual Sim Incoming Call identification trouble

New iPhone 13 user here.

Hello, I have a trouble - I would know which SIM was being called. My eSim is business and personal Number is the physical nano. On incoming calls I have no idea whether it’s a business call or a personal call, because there is visible one label (of the eSIM) for either calls.

This is a critical issue. It seems crazy not to identify the incoming SIM on a dual sim phone, I have lot of calls from both SIM, where changing of the numbers is very unsuitable.

Thank you for a support.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:23 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2022 3:27 AM in response to Markos-117

Re: "... I have no idea whether it’s a business call or a personal call, because there is visible one label (of the eSIM) ..."

Answer:

The incoming lines are identified by the small "box" indicator with a single letter in it - displayed immediately ahead of the CallerID. - .

The letter displayed in the box is simply the first letter of the "name" you've assigned to the line in Settings-> Mobile[Cellular]

(e.g. P=Primary, A=Alternate, A=AT&T, V=Verizon, W=Work, P=Personal, S=Secondary, ... etc.)

This "identifier" is displayed on the incoming call "pop up" and is also displayed in the call logs.

Commentary:

IMO, this is one area presenting Apple w/ an "opportunity for product improvement."

Visual Indication -- The incoming lines could be have more distinctive indication (e.g. Color vice the small B&W box w/ a single letter letter)

Audible Indication -- Clearly the ability to set a different ringtone for each line would ba a HUGE benefit.

Desired improvements aside ... once you become accustomed to looking for the "Indicator Box" in addition to the incoming CallerID ... it's certainly "functional" even if not [yet] everything we might like to have.

See also: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Suggest you might provide product feedback re: this to: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

iPhone Dual Sim Incoming Call identification trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.