You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch face that doesn’t change colour?

I’m considering getting an Apple Watch with an always on display.

I’ve never used one before so don’t really understand how the faces work.

In videos of people demonstrating the watch, it seems that many of the faces change colour depending on whether the wrist is raised - e.g. going from white on black, to black on white.

Personally, I don’t want that. I think it would be distracting. I just want the face to stay the same regardless of whether my wrist is up or down.

So my question is: is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:13 PM

I have always on and I haven't had a single watch face change colour yet,what happens is when you drop your wrist the watch screen dims and when you raise your wrist the screen lights up to full brightness again;

Turn on and wake Apple Watch

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 2:13 PM in response to oology

I have always on and I haven't had a single watch face change colour yet,what happens is when you drop your wrist the watch screen dims and when you raise your wrist the screen lights up to full brightness again;

Turn on and wake Apple Watch

Nov 13, 2022 9:13 AM in response to LD150

Okay thanks everyone.

I don't have an Apple Watch myself - I am just considering it. If I do get one, it'll probably be a series 7.

It's important to me that I can use faces that don't change radically when I raise/lower my wrist (other than a slight change in brightness, which would be fine).

Watch face that doesn’t change colour?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.