You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers how to get formula show updated Column Header?

Numbers showing previous Column Header instead of revised header.

Should formula show revised header?

iOS 16.0.2

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:49 AM

Sunnyintoronto123 wrote:

From your screenshot it seems you are using Numbers for iOS/iPadOS (instead of Numbers for Mac, the subject of this forum).

If so, then the 'str convert to ascii' in the formula refers to the 'convert to ascii' row of the 'str' column.

In Numbers for Mac preferences you can turn off Use header names as labels to see row number cell letter type of reference in formulas, but I don't think that is possible in Numbers for iPad/iOS

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2022 6:49 AM in response to Sunnyintoronto123

Sunnyintoronto123 wrote:

From your screenshot it seems you are using Numbers for iOS/iPadOS (instead of Numbers for Mac, the subject of this forum).

If so, then the 'str convert to ascii' in the formula refers to the 'convert to ascii' row of the 'str' column.

In Numbers for Mac preferences you can turn off Use header names as labels to see row number cell letter type of reference in formulas, but I don't think that is possible in Numbers for iPad/iOS

SG

Sep 26, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Sunnyintoronto123

I do not understand what you want it to do. SGIII explained that "str convert to ascii" is referring to cell B2. What do you want it to do differently? What cell do you want it to refer to? What cell are you calling the "previous column header"? What cell are you calling the "revised header"? What do you expect for the result in cell F2, if not the word "ten"?

Numbers how to get formula show updated Column Header?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.