You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar search

When I search recent past events in my calendar on my iPhone 13 it shows up as “no result”. I have restarted my phone and my iOS is up to date. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:43 AM

I copied my reply on another post, because I saw this one first and wanted to come back.

I was having the same issue for over 2 weeks, very frustrating, but like you, I couldn't find anything recent about it. I've restarted phone, done a hard reboot and updated apps - none worked. Today I hunted again, found another suggestion online so I tried it and it worked!!

Go to your iCloud settings and turn off Calendars, choose "Keep on iPhone" - mine took 1-2 minutes to actually turn it off. When I went to calendars, search worked. I did a hard reboot, went back into calendars, search still worked.

Went to iCloud, turned Calendars back on, choose "Merge" - again took 1-2 minutes to turn on. Search worked.

I did another hard reboot, opened calendar, and the calendar displayed was January 2021 (it's October 2022). Search works but several duplicated entries (in shared calendars w/other apple users only) - at the bottom next to "Calendars" it was showing the "working" symbol. I have several shared calendars, some with other apple users, and some through google - it took over an hour for it to stop showing the "working" symbol.

Hope this helps y'all! :)

Hard reboots make me feel better, don't come at me, I don't know if they help, I'm not a tech person.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2022 9:43 AM in response to tova50

I copied my reply on another post, because I saw this one first and wanted to come back.

I was having the same issue for over 2 weeks, very frustrating, but like you, I couldn't find anything recent about it. I've restarted phone, done a hard reboot and updated apps - none worked. Today I hunted again, found another suggestion online so I tried it and it worked!!

Go to your iCloud settings and turn off Calendars, choose "Keep on iPhone" - mine took 1-2 minutes to actually turn it off. When I went to calendars, search worked. I did a hard reboot, went back into calendars, search still worked.

Went to iCloud, turned Calendars back on, choose "Merge" - again took 1-2 minutes to turn on. Search worked.

I did another hard reboot, opened calendar, and the calendar displayed was January 2021 (it's October 2022). Search works but several duplicated entries (in shared calendars w/other apple users only) - at the bottom next to "Calendars" it was showing the "working" symbol. I have several shared calendars, some with other apple users, and some through google - it took over an hour for it to stop showing the "working" symbol.

Hope this helps y'all! :)

Hard reboots make me feel better, don't come at me, I don't know if they help, I'm not a tech person.

Calendar search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.