You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the Apple Watch SE (second generation) work with an Iphone 6S Plus running on operating system 15.6

Will the Apple Watch SE (second generation) work with an Iphone 6S Plus running on operating system 15.6

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 8:23 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2022 8:55 AM in response to phonet

If I am understanding this correctly, the current Apple Watch SE is the second generation.

When was the new Apple Watch SE 2 (2022) released?

Apple officially announced the second-gen Watch SE at its ‘Far Out’ event on 7 September, alongside the Watch Series 8 and brand new Watch Ultra.

That being the case, the new Apple Watch SE specs page says: New Apple Watches require an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later.

Scroll to the bottom of this page: Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications

Perhaps you should contact support (Get Support at the top of the page) to be sure.

Sep 20, 2022 9:15 AM in response to phonet

phonet wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have another question because I am clueless about this. If I purchase a brand new SE watch will it automatically be watchOS 9.

Sorry, missed the "Second Generation" bit.

Yes the new Apple Watch SE second gen will come pre-installed with iOS 9, so will not work with an iPhone running iOS 15.6.

The iPhone 6s Plus can't be updated to iOS 16.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.