You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone Messages got hacked

My messages got hacked!!!!

I don't know what I should do. I turned it off and on my iPhone, but it is still there. And it always tells me that I have a message to read.

Please let me know what kind of hack it is and what I should do.

Thanks

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 3:21 PM

Tap on the circle at the top to see the pinned conversation. That’ll also mark the conversation as read, and clear the 🔵.

To unpin the conversation, press and hold the circle at the top, and select Unpin from the popup.

If you press and hold on a conversation from the scribbled-out list shown below, you can pin it from the pop-up.

Details: Keep track of conversations in Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

No hack, no virus, no issue. Not unless you have somebody local with your passcode and that’s intent on very subtly gaslighting you. Which is very unlikely for most of us. More likely? Fumble-fingered and accidentally pinned the thread. I’ve done that.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2022 3:21 PM in response to shirazigs

Tap on the circle at the top to see the pinned conversation. That’ll also mark the conversation as read, and clear the 🔵.

To unpin the conversation, press and hold the circle at the top, and select Unpin from the popup.

If you press and hold on a conversation from the scribbled-out list shown below, you can pin it from the pop-up.

Details: Keep track of conversations in Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

No hack, no virus, no issue. Not unless you have somebody local with your passcode and that’s intent on very subtly gaslighting you. Which is very unlikely for most of us. More likely? Fumble-fingered and accidentally pinned the thread. I’ve done that.

My iPhone Messages got hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.