You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud email new account merge old account

Dear friend, I need to know what I can do to have my icloud email account, which I don't have at the moment, since since I use apple products I have my xxxx@mac.com account and with it I access the cloud and my devices, I I can create my email account xxxx@icloud.com but if I create it is a new account and I lose everything else, the two accounts can be associated or it only has to be one to access my files. From already thank you very much

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 8:08 PM

If you sign out example1@mac.com from iPhone , in the empty fields there is an option of creating a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com once you create it it will be signed in as an Apple ID and previous account will not sync .

However you can add a a mail account from iPhone Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note : when first and last name and domain with iCloud is changed for an Apple ID and it is signed in the device it will act a new Apple ID leaving behind the rest of iCloud data with old account .

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2022 8:08 PM in response to jam007

If you sign out example1@mac.com from iPhone , in the empty fields there is an option of creating a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com once you create it it will be signed in as an Apple ID and previous account will not sync .

However you can add a a mail account from iPhone Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note : when first and last name and domain with iCloud is changed for an Apple ID and it is signed in the device it will act a new Apple ID leaving behind the rest of iCloud data with old account .

Sep 16, 2022 5:54 AM in response to jam007

A single Apple ID signed in the device say example1@mac.com with its password and account credentials will have access to all its files , once the primary Apple ID is signed out Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support and you create a new Apple ID How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support say example2@icloud.com the credentials that were associated with primary account will be required in upcoming steps , all iCloud data and files will be empty , however you can sync all apple inbuilt applications but the previous files from primary account will not merge with second account .

The second account will be active , the accounts can never be merged .

Icloud email new account merge old account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.