You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Photos iOS 16

I just recently downloaded and updated my photo to the iOS 16 version. After I did this, all my photos disappeared and it showed up with ‘restoring from icloud’ at the bottom. It had hours but nothing never changed and no photos uploaded, only the photos that stayed on my phone were there (like 1000 photos). I have enough room on my phone and enough room on my icloud. I have restarted my phone to try change the progress or make it start again but nothing has helped or changed it at all. What do I do? I want the photos back on my phone not just in my icloud.

Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 3:03 AM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2022 3:22 AM in response to florconfa

Hey there,

If your iCloud photos are lost after the iOS 16 update, you can go to check whether you have logged in to your iCloud account. If you have logged in, you can log out and then log in again to have a try. It may help you get back your pictures. Also, you have to make sure you have enabled iCloud Photo Library if you’ve used this feature before. The iCloud photos will disappear if the Sync function is off.

First, ensure you’re signed into the same iCloud account with other devices that you want to share photos with.

Go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Photos to turn on iCloud Photos. You may turn it off and wait for a while firstly, then turn it on again and check if it works fine.

then in the Same page, Tap Download and Keep Originals.

This step will download all your original pictures and videos you have synced. Before you download your photos, you may clean your iPhone first and make sure there is enough space to restore your photos.

Restoring Photos iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.