You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My carrier says they cannot unlock my phone due to contract with Apple. It is leaving me stranded in a foreign country please advise

I recently purchased a new iPhone 13, signed up for international calling with my phone carrier before heading out to a foreign country. I am now informed that the international calling doesn’t work and I am unable to use a Sim card. I contacted my phone company and they said they cannot unlock the phone for six months. This is now leaving me stranded in a foreign country without cell service. Any way to unlock my iPhone and override this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 5:12 PM

2 replies

My carrier says they cannot unlock my phone due to contract with Apple. It is leaving me stranded in a foreign country please advise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.