You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio-System Preferences - Energy

I have a new Mac Studio driving a new Studio Display.

All the energy saving features worked from April until July, but now the timed setting for turning the screen off does not work.

• I've tried every combination of the check boxes in that preference....no change.
  • I can make the computer go to sleep by selecting the SLEEP option under the Apple Icon.
  • I can make the computer go to sleep by using the 'COMMAND/OPTION/EJECT' keys on my Apple Numeric keyboard
  • The computer will not go to sleep nor will the screen go blank when the Energy Timer times out.

Why this started in late July, I have no idea. My 2015 iMac still works perfectly in this regard.

I didn't see this specific problem anywhere else in the forum and thought I would see if anyone knows what I should try next.

I'm running the latest Monterey, 12.5.1

Jack

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 3:00 PM

As a test, see if it honors the sleep schedule while in Safe Mode.

Schedule it to sleep, say, 5 minutes away. Does it work?

If it goes to sleep as scheduled in Safe Mode, but the problem remains after you restart normally, then for sure something that was installed is preventing it. Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Use the “additional text” button and paste the report into the text box.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2022 3:00 PM in response to Jackve6

As a test, see if it honors the sleep schedule while in Safe Mode.

Schedule it to sleep, say, 5 minutes away. Does it work?

If it goes to sleep as scheduled in Safe Mode, but the problem remains after you restart normally, then for sure something that was installed is preventing it. Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Use the “additional text” button and paste the report into the text box.

Mac Studio-System Preferences - Energy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.