You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ringer and alert volume in settings automatically goes down to 0 volume

I have a new iPhone 13.

I have set ringer and alert volume to around 85% on the slider

I have turned off change with buttons

The slider on ringer and alert volume goes back to the lowest volume setting on the slider

Please advise how to prevent this, as I keep missing calls.

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 9:18 AM

Hi smdoc2,

To clarify, under Settings > Sounds & Haptics is the volume slider under Ringer and Alerts turned up to the volume you prefer?

Additionally, we'd recommend ensuring your iPhone is fully updated.

Also, if this is an iPhone with Face ID and it goes more quiet when face up or if you look at it, this may be due to attention awareness. You can toggle that off if you prefer under Settings > Face ID & Passcode, toggle off Attention Aware Features.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2022 9:18 AM in response to smdoc2

Hi smdoc2,

To clarify, under Settings > Sounds & Haptics is the volume slider under Ringer and Alerts turned up to the volume you prefer?

Additionally, we'd recommend ensuring your iPhone is fully updated.

Also, if this is an iPhone with Face ID and it goes more quiet when face up or if you look at it, this may be due to attention awareness. You can toggle that off if you prefer under Settings > Face ID & Passcode, toggle off Attention Aware Features.

Cheers!

ringer and alert volume in settings automatically goes down to 0 volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.