You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking spam SMS from Jabber contacts

Hi, I keep receiving spam SMS from Jabber. I do not have Jabber myself; iMessage consistently identifies them as coming from Jabber when I check the info. They do not have associated phone numbers and therefore I cannot block them through the standard blocking feature.

I do not want to filter non-contacts. I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

Is there any way to specify that any SMS coming from Jabber should be blocked? Or am I out of luck and will just receive these nearly every day forever with nothing I can do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 3:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 12:03 PM

I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

You need to contact your company - IT department, and ask them if it is possible to block spam SMS from Jabber.

It has to do with your business contacts.

Check. ⤵️

What is Jabber.

What does Jabber mean.

Jabber FAQ.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2022 12:03 PM in response to suzie_suzie

I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

You need to contact your company - IT department, and ask them if it is possible to block spam SMS from Jabber.

It has to do with your business contacts.

Check. ⤵️

What is Jabber.

What does Jabber mean.

Jabber FAQ.

Blocking spam SMS from Jabber contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.