You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I downgrade a Mac Mini 2018 to Mojave if it currently has Monterey on it

That's basically the question. My recollection is 2018 Mini shipped natively with Mojave. I've bought a used one where he has Monterey installed... Hoping this isn't some complicated act. Ideally I want to restore a Time Machine backup from another 2018 Mini with Mojave back onto this newer machine...or otherwise do CCC Cloner method for this. Just wanted to confirm ability to install over Monterey with Mojave ( need the older software in a studio situation where I have to have some 32-bit apps and Mojave is last to support them). Thanks for your help! Mike

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:01 PM

see "Other macOS installation options" at > How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Basically you need to completely erase the Mac Mini and reinstall the original macOS which is Mojave.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 24, 2022 12:11 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks, its coming back to me now- i had done it a few years ago on another 18 mini and now recall needing to boot in Recovery to reinstall native (mojave) with APFS hd formatted, and then afaik i can either use a TM restore of another mojave volume or migration assistant- I do seem to remember some Permissions issues when this was done involving temp disable of SIP for some reason… but so long as either method allows me to not have to manually reenter data like my router settings, passwords etc i think im good- (and making sure TRIM is enabled for the SSD - somethings I sometimes have forgotten when inheriting/buying a new machine). Thanks !

Can I downgrade a Mac Mini 2018 to Mojave if it currently has Monterey on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.