You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Location being turned off by teen

Hi,

I have tried looking online unsuccessfully. I do have the latest OS on the phones also.

I have screen time set up and under Content & Privacy (under Privacy) I have Share My Location marked allow. However...my son has learned while he can't change it in settings he can open the find my location on his app library and shut off the share my location button which then blocks me from seeing his location.

I have done the shut off and restart the phones, I have shut off Screen Time and restarted the phone and re engaged it....I have also removed the button from his home screen but it stays in the app library but I cannot find an option in screen time to limit him opening the app to keep him from changing it.

Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

iPhone SE (Gen 2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 7:49 PM

"I have screen time set up and under Content & Privacy (under Privacy) I have Share My Location marked allow. "

That allows your child to share his location.

You also need to select "Don't Allow Changes" under Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Location Services

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2022 7:49 PM in response to jwergin

"I have screen time set up and under Content & Privacy (under Privacy) I have Share My Location marked allow. "

That allows your child to share his location.

You also need to select "Don't Allow Changes" under Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Location Services

Find My Location being turned off by teen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.