You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

i kinda ran out of storage for iCloud then I took a lot of photos later on and the purchased more storage from iCloud. Normally I expected it to sync and start saving up my pics to iCloud but I don’t even know if it did so I had to log off iCloud from my phone and when I signed in? Some of my photos were gone. When I sign in online using safari? I can see all my photos there but not in the photos app. I tried to verify this using my android web to login into iCloud and verify if truly all my pics are there so I can maybe delete photos app from my iPhone and reinstall it but apple kept telling me to change my password on my android after logging in and I don’t want to change it. Pls I need help as soon as possible on this.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 2:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Firstly Photos app cannot be uninstalled.

Secondly Settings, [your name], iCloud are you near to a full iCloud plan?

Finally the sync (assuming Settings, [your name], iCloud, Photos is on) will take at least one night on charge, locked, and on Wi-Fi to sync, maybe more.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2022 3:35 AM in response to timi164

Firstly Photos app cannot be uninstalled.

Secondly Settings, [your name], iCloud are you near to a full iCloud plan?

Finally the sync (assuming Settings, [your name], iCloud, Photos is on) will take at least one night on charge, locked, and on Wi-Fi to sync, maybe more.

Aug 19, 2022 4:45 AM in response to LD150

I ran out of storage on iCloud at first.. like last year September, then I bought 50GB of storage around July this year so u know I got a lot of photos. Normally I expect that the photos should upload to iCloud and reserve me some space on my device. So to verify this? I logged out my apple account on my phone and most of my photos disappeared.. then I logged in again and they didn’t come back. But when I signed in on safari? I can see all my photos and it says “updated” on there.. so is something wrong with my “Photos app”???

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.