You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPhone 12 in water now it won't charge.

I dropped my iPhone 12 in the pool and continued swimming without putting it in anything for about an hour or 2, I had gone inside and put it in rice about 20 minutes after I got out of the pool and it was on 1%. after about 30m -1hour I charged it because it was. dead and then It turned-on and got the water detected notification, after that override button hadn't been working so I put it in rice then after about 20 minutes I charged it for about an hour and 30 minutes. I came back upstairs to check on my phone and it was at 18% and stopped charging because of water detected notification, so I had just stayed on my phone until it died and tried to charge it once it died but it wouldn't charge or show the battery thing while dead so I put it in rice overnight and tried to charge it in the morning and it wouldn't show the battery sign or charge. What do I do?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:11 PM

4 replies

Dropped iPhone 12 in water now it won't charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.