You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimize battery charging

Will it cause harm my battery when I leave my iphone charging at night even my optimized battery charging is on? I plug my charger around 10 pm and forgot to unplug it until 6:30 am.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 4:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 6:59 PM

It is best to do frequent shorter charges, rather than longer charges.

When your phone is plugged in to charge for a long period of time, especially if it is in a case that locks in the heat, the heat that is generated will slowly damage the phone's lithium ion battery cells over time. This is also true when charging a tablet or laptop.

Howard

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2022 6:59 PM in response to almaira224

It is best to do frequent shorter charges, rather than longer charges.

When your phone is plugged in to charge for a long period of time, especially if it is in a case that locks in the heat, the heat that is generated will slowly damage the phone's lithium ion battery cells over time. This is also true when charging a tablet or laptop.

Howard

Optimize battery charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.