You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions

I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:34 PM

Jtirado05 Said:

"Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions: I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone."

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

I. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

II. Forgot the Password?

Go Here: If you Forgot your Screen Time Passcode - Apple Support

This is all a matter of security (something you would have agreed to upon setting up Two-Factor Authentication). So, if there ends up being no successful solution to this, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always keep the original packaging and receipt so that this reset can be performed.

III. Have her Log Out:

Reset this Up Anew:

Once Screen Time is Enabled: Reset this iPad anew, as if you were to sell it. She'd log out of iCloud on it; you'd perform the reset, and then you'd proceed form there, logging in to your iCloud upon setup. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2022 10:34 PM in response to Jtirado05

Jtirado05 Said:

"Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions: I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone."

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

I. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

II. Forgot the Password?

Go Here: If you Forgot your Screen Time Passcode - Apple Support

This is all a matter of security (something you would have agreed to upon setting up Two-Factor Authentication). So, if there ends up being no successful solution to this, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always keep the original packaging and receipt so that this reset can be performed.

III. Have her Log Out:

Reset this Up Anew:

Once Screen Time is Enabled: Reset this iPad anew, as if you were to sell it. She'd log out of iCloud on it; you'd perform the reset, and then you'd proceed form there, logging in to your iCloud upon setup. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.