You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling failure of Mac OS X El Capitan

I am trying to reinstall the OS X El Capitan back to my Mac since I have just formatted it but it is not letting me. The second I hit install two pop-ups show, one 'to download and restore OS X, your computer's eligibility will be verified with apple' and the other pop-up shows when I hit continue and it says that 'A required download is missing.' What can I do? Also, this iMac is a late 2009 model and has a partition in it so I'm not sure whether this is part of the problem.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 12:07 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 10, 2022 2:06 AM in response to Luke1599

ollow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Reinstalling failure of Mac OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.