You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the music I copied off my purchased cds into my iTunes library 10 years ago?

I had purchased tons of cds a long, long time ago. I still have them but I copied them into my computer about 10 years ago when CD burners and copiers were still the current technology. I don’t see any of that music in my library, only the music I have purchased. I still own two old original ipods and they still work (for now) but I want to get that music copied into my new computer (MacBook Pro) music library. Anyone have any help? I have been doing research and think an external CD player/burner, reader may be the answer. I still have a back up of the ITunes library from 2010. I simply want to be able to preserve the music that I spent years on getting into my library. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:33 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 9, 2022 10:00 AM in response to Teritunes

When you sign into iTunes or Music on a new computer you should get access to your unhidden purchase history with that account, unless you have an ongoing subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match, in which case you get your iCloud Music Library when enabled. You can restore the backup you have to get access to the tracks you ripped from CD or bought elsewhere.

tt2

What happened to the music I copied off my purchased cds into my iTunes library 10 years ago?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.