You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error installing Kontakt 5.0.3 (from Studio Kit Builder Vir2) on Intel Mac running macOS Monterey 12.5

I have a legal, purchased copy of Studio Kit Builder, Vir2. It has a copy of Kontakt 5.03 that I am trying to install.

However, whenever I install Kontakt 5.03 on my Intel Mac running macOS Monterey 12.5, it gets about 50-60 percent done with the installation when I get the error “The installation failed.” “The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.” 

I think it has something to do with permissions, but I am not sure how to get around that issue. 

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 12:07 PM

If that installer is expecting the presence of Python 2.7.18 in Monterey 12.5, then it will bork as Apple removed the Python 2.7.18 distribution beginning with macOS 12.3.1. Get in touch with the Studio Kit Builder vendor and confirm that it is compatible with Monterey 12.5 and does not use Python in its installer. If not a Python issue, then seek their assistance with further installation efforts.

As this is a third-party software solution, it is their responsiblity to make it Monterey 12.5 compatible, or tell why it is not.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2022 12:07 PM in response to BluRose

If that installer is expecting the presence of Python 2.7.18 in Monterey 12.5, then it will bork as Apple removed the Python 2.7.18 distribution beginning with macOS 12.3.1. Get in touch with the Studio Kit Builder vendor and confirm that it is compatible with Monterey 12.5 and does not use Python in its installer. If not a Python issue, then seek their assistance with further installation efforts.

As this is a third-party software solution, it is their responsiblity to make it Monterey 12.5 compatible, or tell why it is not.

Error installing Kontakt 5.0.3 (from Studio Kit Builder Vir2) on Intel Mac running macOS Monterey 12.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.