You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Runs all the time: SafaribookmarksSyncAgent

I have this same problem (See below) with my iMac, which has been reformated twice by Apple Genius Bar. This last time I brought it back, I set it up without the backup. Now it's doing the same thing as this guy posted a while back. The fan runs continuously, and I have to force quit "SafaribookmarksSyncAgent" with an Activity monitor all day. I have a copy of the EtreCheckPro report if you want it.

"According to Activity Monitor, SafaribookmarksSyncAgent is by far the top disk usage process--8.32 GB Written and 11.37 GB Read in just 8 hours today, for example. I'm using an M1 iMac with Monterey, but I think this might have been happening with my old iMac as well.

I have deleted all bookmarks and read list items on all my devices.

I have turned off iCloud syncing for Safari on all my devices.

I have re-installed Monterey.

Nothing helps...anyone have any ideas?"

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 12:10 PM

Have you tried resetting the SMC? How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Runs all the time: SafaribookmarksSyncAgent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.